- Community Action Partnership of Strafford County: Offers a variety of programs and services created to combat poverty.
- Farmington 500 Boys and Girls Club: Provides athletics and activities for youth in the Farmington area.
- Farmington Parks and Rec: The town’s rec department provides activities, camps, and services for seniors and families in the community.
- Farmington School District, SAU #61: Public schools that serve the community.
- Farmington Child Care Center: For more information about childcare in Farmington call (603) 755-2883.
- Food Pantry: Interfaith Food Pantry (603) 755 – 4816. Last Saturday: 9:30 – 10:30am.
- Goodwin Community Health: Provides primary, dental, and prenatal health care based on income.
- Grace Place: Offers outreach services to help those in need.
- Homeless Shelter Directory: Find where homeless shelters are in your location.
- Strafford County Head Start: Information and requirements for Head Start, Early Head Start and the Home Visiting Program.
- Town of Farmington: Information about Farmington town departments, vehicle registration, dog licenses, town clerk/tax collector and other town services.
- Catholic Charities’ Services: Offers counseling and community services to help families and people.
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention: Poison control information, prevention, and contacts.
- Community Partners Developmental Services: Non-profit community mental health center and developmental services for Strafford county.
- Department of Education: Information on educational resources within the State of New Hampshire.
- Families First Health and Support Center: Assists with family health care.
- New Generation: Safe homeless shelter for pregnant women and their babies
- New Hampshire Court System Informative Videos: Informational videos on various aspects of the NH court system available.
- New Hampshire Job Corps: Free education and training program that helps young people learn a career.
- Parenting New Hampshire: A variety of information for parents including: things to do, health, education, special needs, and events.
- Safe Kids New Hampshire: Information and programs to help parents and caregivers prevent childhood injuries.
- Senior Resources: Provides a comprehensive list of caregiving information including different care options and financial assistance
New Hampshire Homeschooling Coalition (NHHC)
This site is run by a state-wide homeschooling support group that supports all methods of and reasons for homeschooling. It has information for becoming a member, ordering the NH Home Education Guidebook and signing up for any activities currently planned (including the spring workshop). The site also maintains list of teachers willing to be evaluators for home education programs. You can also find your local homeschool representative on this site.
Granite State Home Educators
A support group for homeschooling parents in NH. This site also provides a guide to getting started, an evaluator directory, and other homeschooling resources.
Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
Find laws and information about homeschooling in NH. HSLDA also provides legal advocacy and defense for its members.
New Hampshire Department of Education (NHDOE)
This site has statistics about home education in New Hampshire as well as links to laws and documents of interest to home educators in New Hampshire.
This list was accurate at the time of publication. Web sites often change names or simply disappear. Companies go out of business and new sites are created all the time. We hope this list is helpful even if it is somewhat out-of-date by the time you read it.
The Goodwin Library also has many helpful books on homeschooling. Some are for in library reference use only and others may be checked out. In addition, we now subscribe to two different homeschooling periodicals. The magazines and reference books are always available to the public