Programs Currently Happening:
Sit & Stitch meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:00PM on Zoom. Email Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
- Learn how to knit or crochet, of if you already know how, bring your current project and socialize with the group.
The Bookies Book Group meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00PM on Zoom. Email Donna at email@example.com for the Zoom link.
- Read a new book each month and discuss it with a group of other book lovers. We have multiple copies of the book available for check out.
- February 15- The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
- March 15- The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
- April 19- The Vanishing Half by Brit Marie
- May 17- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
- June 14- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
- July 19- The Last Mona Lisa by Jonathan Santlofer
- August 16- Beautiful Country by Qian Julie Wang
- September 20- The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- October 18- The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict
- November 15- Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell *NH Humanities Book Group*
- December 20- One Day in December by Josie Silver
Summer Reading Program – mid-June through July
- Sign-up required.
- Reading programs for all ages.
- Read books, earn prizes, and participate in activities that go along with the theme.
- Check out our Summer Reading page for more information
Story Times running from October 3- November 18
- Mother Goose (ages 0-3) Mondays at 10:30- Listen to stories and learn songs and nursery rhymes in this energetic babies & toddlers program!
- Pre-School (ages 3-5) Fridays at 10:30 – Sing songs, listen to stories, and free play with new friends!
S.T.E.A.M. To-Go is the 3rd Thursday of every month
- Pick up a S.T.E.A.M. To-Go activity kit with a fun project to do at home.
Programs on Hold:
Book Bites meets after school at HWMS
- Book Bites is our graphic novel book club for 4th-6th grade students at HWMS. This group meets monthly at the HWMS library and a permission form is required to participate.
- Listen to presentations given by guest speakers on a variety of topics involving the home and garden. Hydroponics, home beer brewing, and Lyme disease prevention are some of the topics we have covered at previous meetings. Some months we offer a craft instead of a speaker.
Homeschool Meet & Greet
- Share resources, swap ideas, or just get to know other local homeschooling families.
- Join the Goodwin Library and other members of the community for a showing of a newly released DVD movie on the big screen and enjoy some popcorn.
- Are you caring for a loved one with a long-term illness, disability, or Alzheimer’s? Get support and resources at Caregiver Cafe, co-hosted with Cornerstone VNA.
Computer Lessons are by appointment only
- Topics include: Basic computer skills, e-mail, Microsoft Office, internet usage, eReaders, etc.
- Sign-up required. Sign up at the main circulation desk in the Goodwin Library
- Guest speakers and presenters including authors and musicians
- The Goodwin Library is associated with the Farmington Historical Society. The Henry Wilson Museum is located in the lower level of the Goodwin Library.
Stay up to date on current programs:
- Goodwin Library Newsletter
- Goodwin Library Facebook Page
- Signs and bookmarks inside the library