The Goodwin library is a community host for a multitude of programs for both children and adults. Each program is a catalyst for communication, learning, discussion, and multi-layer engagement.
Programs Currently Happening:
Sit & Stitch meets the 1st Tuesday of each month from 6:00-7:30PM on Zoom. Email Pam at email@example.com for the link.
- Learn how to knit or crochet, of if you already know how, bring your current project and socialize with the group.
The Bookies Book Group meets the 4th Thursday of the month at 7:00PM on Zoom. Email Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read a new book each month and discuss it with a group of other book lovers. We have multiple copies of the book available for check out.
- October 19, 2021- Raven Black by Ann Cleeves
- November 16, 2021- The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline
- December 21, 2021- Following Atticus by Tom Ryan
Story Times running from September 20- October 25. These programs will be held outdoors in nice weather. In inclement weather, they will move to the Community Room.
- Mother Goose (ages 0-3) Mondays at 10:30- Listen to stories and learn songs and nursery rhymes in this energetic babies & toddlers program!
- Pre-School (ages 3-5) Fridays at 10:30 – Sing songs, listen to stories, then make a craft, and explore sensory bins!
Summer Reading Program – mid-June through July
- Sign-up required.
- Reading programs for all ages.
- Read books, earn prizes, and partake in activities that go along with the theme.
Programs on Hold Until Further Notice:
Book Bites meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 2:45PM at HWMS
- Book Bites is our graphic novel book club for 4th-6th grade students at HWMS. This group meets monthly at the HWMS library and a permission form is required to participate.
Homesteading Roundtable meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6:00PM
- Listen to presentations given by guest speakers on a variety of topics involving the home and garden. Hydroponics, home beer brewing, and Lyme disease prevention are some of the topics we have covered at previous meetings. Some months we offer a craft instead of a speaker.
After School Story Time is the 2nd Friday of each month at 3:00PM
- Bring the kids to the Children’s Room for a story and a fun craft!
Homeschool Meet & Greet is the 3rd Friday of the month at 1:30PM
- Share resources, swap ideas, or just get to know other local homeschooling families.
Community Cinema showings are the 3rd Saturday of every month at 11:30AM
- Join the Goodwin Library and other members of the community for a showing of a newly released DVD movie on the big screen and enjoy some popcorn.
Family S.T.E.A.M. Night is the 4th Tuesday of every month at 6:00PM
- Enjoy a new S.T.E.A.M. activity with your family or others from the community.
Caregiver Café is the last Friday of the month at 10:30AM
- Are you caring for a loved one with a long-term illness, disability, or Alzheimer’s? Get support and resources at Caregiver Cafe, co-hosted with Cornerstone VNA.
Lego Saturdays every Saturday from 10:30AM-1:30PM
- Stop by the Children’s Room for Lego Day to free build with our giant Lego collection!
Computer Lessons are by appointment only
- Topics include: Basic computer skills, e-mail, Microsoft Office, internet usage, eReaders, etc.
- Sign-up required. Sign up at the main circulation desk in the Goodwin Library
- Guest speakers and presenters including authors and musicians
- The Goodwin Library is associated with the Farmington Historical Society. The Henry Wilson Museum is located in the lower level of the Goodwin Library.
Stay up to date on current programs: