Looking for ways to keep kids engaged during this time of social distancing? Below is a list of education websites to keep them learning, museums offering virtual tours or activities, and authors offering digital story times!
Educational Resources and Websites:
- Farmington School District– Visit the FSD website for information on school closures, distance learning, borrowing devices, meal delivery options, and other educational resources.
- Cool Math
- Discovery Kids
- Magic Tree House
- NASA Kids Club
- National Geographic Kids
- PBS Kids
- PBS Kids for Parents
- Prodigy Math
- Scholastic Learn from Home
- Sesame Street
- List of educational companies offering free subscriptions.
Check out these site for activities or virtual tours of museums, zoos, or aquariums!
Outside of NH
- Take a virtual tour of one of 2500 museums and galleries around the world
- Boston Children’s Museum virtual tour
- Boston Museum of Science #MOSatHome
- Buckingham Palace Virtual Tour
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Discovery Channel Virtual Field Trips
- The Louvre Virtual Tours
- M & M Factory Tour
- Mars Tour
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Kids Tour
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Animal Cams
- Mount Rushmore Virtual Tour
- Museum of the American Revolution Virtual Field Trip
- New England Aquarium Virtual Tours
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History Virtual Tour
- Zoo America Facebook Live
Author Talks/Digital Story Time:
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka, author of Hey Kiddo, Jedi Academy, and Lunch Lady graphic novels is hosting a free webcast
- Penguin Kids Facebook Live story time every day at 11:15am
- Storytime from Space! The Global Space Education Project sent children’s books to the International Space Station to be read by astronauts!
- Story Time Online featuring the world’s best storytellers reading books aloud. Each video includes an activity guide with lessons for K-5 students to do at home
- Story Time in ASL
Just for Fun