Looking for ways to keep kids engaged during this time of social distancing? Below is a list of education websites to keep them learning, museums offering virtual tours or activities, and authors offering digital story times!
Educational Resources and Websites:
- Farmington School District– Visit the FSD website for information on school closures, distance learning, borrowing devices, meal delivery options, and other educational resources.
- Cool Math
- Discovery Kids
- Magic Tree House
- NASA Kids Club
- National Geographic Kids
- PBS Kids
- PBS Kids for Parents
- Prodigy Math
- Scholastic Learn from Home
- Sesame Street
- List of educational companies offering free subscriptions.
Check out these site for activities or virtual tours of museums, zoos, or aquariums!
- Children’s Museum of NH Virtual Activities
- Seacoast Science Center Facebook Live events
- WildLife Encounters Facebook Live events
Outside of NH
- Take a virtual tour of one of 2500 museums and galleries around the world
- Cincinnati Zoo Facebook Live, weekdays at 3:00PM
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Discovery Channel Virtual Field Trips
- Kennedy Space Center Science Lessons
- Mars Tour
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Animal Cams
- New England Aquarium Virtual Tours
- Zoo America Facebook Live, daily at 11:00AM
Author Talks/Digital Story Time:
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka, author of Hey Kiddo, Jedi Academy, and Lunch Lady graphic novels is hosting a free webcast every weekday at 2:00PM
- Mo Willems is doing daily doodles at 1:00PM
- Penguin Kids Facebook Live story time every day at 11:15am
- Story Time with Pete the Cat! 12:00PM on Instagram Live
- Storytime from Space! The Global Space Education Project sent children’s books to the International Space Station to be read by astronauts!
- Story Time Online featuring the world’s best storytellers reading books aloud. Each video includes an activity guide with lessons for K-5 students to do at home
- Story Time in ASL
Just for Fun